Sunday 7 July 2013

Congratulations all round...

hi everyone


Well it's been a day for celebration in our little corner over here and not just because of a certain Mr Murray and his amazing Wimbledon success - but something a little more local but just as much keenly sought after.

We have just heard that my partner's daughter has won a scholarship place which will enable her to take up her studies for a Law degree.

She had to submit a paper for consideration by a panel of judges.
In common with a lot of her friends as I understand it, it was definitely a case of 'Lastminute.com'  - I think it was emailed in at 23:57 on the very last day possible, with the deadline being midnight .!

but.. to everyone's delight - she has just heard she has won first prize, her tution fees covered and a place on the course.

So couldn't let this pass without a Congratulations card in honour of the occasion, so had my first attempt at a 'criss-cross' card. 


Must admit the designer series paper and the greeting I used for the middle of the card are long since retired - but these could easily be substituted for your own choice of both.

I made use of a few punches as well for layering up my rosette and was able to use the design of the paper to advantage, fussy cutting a piece using the extra-large scalloped circle punch.
Just one of the many things I love about Stampin Up - their products co-ordinate and work so well together without you having to indulge in any guesswork or trial and error.

And although I  have used a particular tab punch for my greetings pull-out, (a punched circle folded in half and trimmed,  would yield a similar result I think) and to add just a little bit of interest I embossed the middle of the card as well.

...and of course every girl likes a little bit of bling,  so finished off the rosette with a small  rhinestone, having first pierced round the outer layer and propped the whole thing up on dimensionals.

and finally to make sure it actally stood up, I just fashioned a litte 'z' stand out of some spare card stock for the back of the card. 


... and speaking of greetings - don't forget the 25 % offer on now for 3 of your favourite sets


Things you need to make this card:

Stamp set: A set of  your choice
Inks: Real Red
Cardstock and paper: Very Vanilla, Real Red, DSP of your choice
Punches: Scallop Circle punches, circle punch,1" square punch for notching the 'ribbon' tails
Other essentials,  Piercing tool and mat, Stampin Up dimensionals, Tombow adhesive, square lattice embossing folder .
  
I can order Stampin Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829


Thanks so much for stopping by.

Jan
x

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jan, what great news for your partner's daughter - you must all be delighted! Your card is a wonderful tribute and has a real celebratory feel. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Vicky for taking the time to comment. It does mean an awful lot, whilst I try to get to grips with it all.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...