Saturday 30 November 2013

T'is the season for a challenge

hi all 

well...

This is not something I do very much at all - enter an on-line challenge -
but having received a lovely email from Sarn over at Stamping for Pleasure and realizing I still had time to send in something for her very last Rudolph Day challenge of 2013 - well it set me thinking..

So here is my something seasonal.

It's quite plain - one layer of cardstock, matted on top of another, and although not really clear in this picture, have just finished it with some paper piercing, a tiny bit of bling as decoration and very light sponging round the edges. 

But my main aim with this card was trying my hand at water colouring.

One of the demonstrations at Stampin' Up's recent European Convention covered water colouring and I identify with the idea of not having to be too precise -and it doesn't matter whether you wobble over the lines or not! 

It was really just a practice to begin with but I liked how it turned out, even though I guess I maybe didn't do it justice not having any water colour paper -

 but... herewith one card  - this view hopefully showing off the paper piercing and sentiment in a bit better detail.


Was wondering about also entering it for the current Less is More challenge - A Christmas card - but with the proviso of using a bird!  but forgot about the closing date! ah well, maybe next time!

Hope you like it.

Things I used to make this card:

Stamp sets: Beautiful Season and Bells & Boughs (though retired - any Christmas set would do)
Inks: basic black - but stamped off first.
Stampin' up Write Markers: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock   Whisper White
Other essentials:Rhinestones, Sponge dauber and Paper Piercing pack - Essentials

I can order Stampin' Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829

or why not visit my on-line store

thanks so much for stopping by and very best wishes til next time

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan . . . thank you for entering my Rudolph Day challenge with this lovely watercoloured Christmas card. Love this stamp!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...