Sunday 22 December 2013

Sunday snippets and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year..

hi all

First off, my compliments of the season to everyone - and hope you have a lovely Christmas break and my best wishes for 2014.

Well, in the true spirit of doing what am bid - the last page of the latest Impressions Magazine actively directed me to CASE an idea... and being someone who tries to do what she is told - I did.!

I have my lovely up line Vicky to thank for this - check her tutorial here for a very very useful gift card/money envelope.

My sister is actively project managing a particular purchase - and has asked for donations, should we feel so inclined, and this gift envelope was just what I needed to package up my tuppence worth! and made another one  to go with as I really liked how they turned out.

Raiding one of my numerous scrap shoe boxes - I do have a fair few! I opted for some from a  previous season's DSP - Holly Berry Bouquet and came up with these.


I just enlarged the dimensions slightly for my particular needs.

I was really pleased with the flower/ribbon embellishment - could not have been easier - as they were just fussy cut from sheets in the same DSP pack, using my Paper snips,- and I just added a glimmer brad into the centre of each flower for a bit of interest.

I chose toning bakers twine and another mounted glimmer brad for an easy method of closure - the bakers twine being secured under the 'ribbon' with punched eyelet - all be it, hidden!

Definitely a much prettier option than just putting money or a gift card in a standard envelope.

What do you think?

I was wondering about entering it in this week's SUO challenge - but on reflection as the idea is not strictly my own did not feel it was right to do so..

My New year's resolution - I need to be trying to come up with my own ideas,  am thinking.

Things I used to make these:

Cardstock /paper:  any suitable DSP of your choice
Other Essentials : Stampin' Trimmer, Glimmer brads, sticky strip, bakers twine

I can order Stampin' Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829

or why not visit my on-line store

well this will be my last posting for this year as tomorrow shall be getting ready for my week long stint of nights for work - we do a 12 hour shift and my sets commence,  Christmas Eve at 22:00 and I will be finished 08:00 on the 30th December - As am also working away from home, Christmas will be a little delayed this year and we will be celebrating on my return,  combining it with seeing in the New Year at the same time!

So just leaves for me say very best wishes, again everyone,  and hope you have a lovely Christmas and see you in 2014!
Jan
X

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm so pleased you decided to use my tutorial Jan! I love the way your little packets looks in that gorgeous paper and with your special embellishment and enclosure. Hope you're finished with work for a while now and enjoy a really lovely holiday celebration. Wishing you all the best for 2014, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...