Saturday 29 November 2014

I guess we all have them to do at some point...

hi all

well this week had me putting stamp to ink pad to make a sympathy card for a close friend of Mummie's.

I have to confess I have very little in the way of 'sympathy' related stamp sets but made do with a floral themed one from the to me, very sadly retired, 'Fabulous Florets' stamp set.

I stuck to  Whisper White,  teamed with Basic Black only,  and came up with this. A stamped topper, matted on a layer of Basic Black, itself,  mounted on white card stock. 

All in all quite plain, but gave me the effect I wanted and thought I would link it with the current theme of  'Anything goes' over at 'Just Us Girls.



Fabulous Flortes

To make my card  I stamped 2 copies of the largest image from the set, virtually side by side,   then added a couple of accented pieces by way of the free standing flower heads, which I fussy cut and popped up on dimensionals for a bit of depth.

The remaining embellishments were restricted to just a couple of partial piercing lines following the curve of the flower heads,  along with a couple of basic rhinestones and a toning candy dot!


I chose another of my favourite sets for the sentiment,  which I punched using  the modern label punch,  and then did another copy in black card stock which I cut apart to use for more layering.

Stampin' Up! supplies for this card:

Card stockWhisper white
Inks : Basic Black
Stamps Sets:   any suitable Floral themed set  and sentiment as required
 Punches : Modern Window Punch
 Other Essentials:  Stampin' Up! Dimensionals, Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents
Candy dots - NeutralPaper Snips,  Essentials paper piercing pack
Just click on the items to easily access them in my on line store to place an order and just pay £4:95 to have  them shipped straight to your address, whatever the size of your order.

Am happy to answer any questions you may have. If you would like to find out more,  or would like me to place an order for you, you can email me or contact me on 01438 820829 if you would rather.

Well, this Wednesday we had a lovely evening as had tickets to go and see 'Dance Til Dawn'
Perhaps, lovers of 'Strictly' will be aware of  the magnificent duo 'Flavia and Vincent'  partnership. This is their  show and of course has them as  star billing.

An absolutely amazing performance  - and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone with a love of the Musicals - 'Latin' notwithstanding!

Just a small taster here - phew.. even the trailer is exhausting!


bye all - til next time and have a lovely week

Jan x

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty sympathy card! I love the classic black and white. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soothing and comforting! Sympathy cards are always difficult due to their nature, but you have done a wonderful job conveying the message. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant in the b & w colors - Thanks so much for joining in with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card Jan and a perfect sympathy card in these sombre colours. You're so lucky to have been able to go to Dance til Dawn - it must have been amazing! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...