Thursday 26 May 2016

Painters Pallette 'on point' for a thank you.


Sale-a-bration

Thank you for joining us on another Pinkies Blog Hop! We're showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using products from the new Stampin' Up!®  Annual Catalogue.  Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep hopping!

If you have arrived here from the lovely Diana's  blog,  a really big hello and welcome.

One of the many perks of being a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator means you get to have a play with some lovely products before the Annual Catalogue goes live.

and playing I have... with Sweet Sugarplum, one of the 5 fabby new 'In-colours' for 2016 - 2018.
I teamed it with with Very Vanilla as my card topper and used touches of Basic Grey and Emerald Envy (another of this year's releases!) for my accent pieces and sentiment.

I used  the Artist's easel - one of the Stamps in the new Painter's Palette stamp set - but instead of using it for the picture effect as intended, I stamped 3 of them, opted to trim  and turn them  'on point'  for the quilters amongst you, - giving me what felt like an Art Deco, 1920's type effect with those stylised diamond shapes, once they were all mounted together.

Pinkies Blog Hop

What do you think?

The flowers are from the Love & Affection Stamp set and they are part of a co-ordinating  suite of products, everything from Stamps, and embossing folders to Designer series papers and toning card stock packs. I whiled away a little me time - fussy cutting them so I could pop them up.

My 'Thank you' is from another of the newly launched sets - 'Thankful Thoughts'. This is a great set of  5 pairs of sentiments in varying fonts, specially designed, so you can link the inside sentiment of the card with the focus one on the outside. Thank you Stampin' Up!®. for this.
.. but as ever, yours truly decided to use another stamp for the inside, (again from the 'Love & Affection' set) as I particularly liked the wording, and think it complements everything nicely..


Pinkies Blog Hop

The whole was then finished with my customary bit of bling and some sponging and the edges and it was ready. I love how it came together.

So a huge thank you for visiting and next stop is the lovely Michelle  - make sure you don't miss anything en route, as  there are lots of lovely things to see and all are sure to inspire as you hop around the complete tour.
Pinkies Blog Hop

Pinkies Blog Hop
Til next time
have a lovely week
Jan x

10 comments:

  1. Lovely Card Jan, you beautifully combined these 2 stamp sets. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Swathi... thanks so much for visiting and for taking time to comment.. am off to do my own hop around now and looking forward to seeing everyone else's project.. thank you again

      Delete
  2. Lovely card Jan - such a pretty set and I love your colouring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Fiona - thank you so much.. asm off to do my own tour around now so will stop by and say hello back . x thank you again

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you Tracy - its lovely of you to say. am off to do my own hop around now and and looking forward to seeing all the lovely things everyone else has done. thank you again . Jan

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. awh thank you Diana - that is realy nice of you visit and leave a nice comment, - am off to do my own hop around now and visit you all , thanks you again. Jan

      Delete
  5. Lovely card Jan. I love how you combined various stamp sets on your card, and it does not feel too busy. Really great xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi anna - thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment. I did wonder if it was a bit too busy but opted to keep it as it was in the end. glad you liked it. snd thanks again, Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...