Monday 27 June 2016

swirly bird - birthday hello!!!

hello all

well this weekend should have seen me in Birmingham with a lot of my fellow 'Pinkies', for a fabulous couple of days of renewing existing friendships,  making new ones, crafting, makes and takes, swaps, games and just generally having a right ball..  but alas had to pull out at the very last minute and only today have I felt like venturing to put cardstock to trimmer and ink to a stamp!

and the occasion ?  My almost grown up great-neice is turning 11... and am sure everyone is excited for her - especially with senior school also now looming large on the horizon!

and my card ? for this I must own up and admit to doing what Stampin' Up! and tell me - 'CASE' (copy and share everything) and this is exactly what I did here.

I absolutey adored a card designed by a fellow 'Pinkie' - the lovely Tracy May of 'Bedlam and Butterflies' fame and copied it virtually wholesale to make mine below, even down to theose scored lines for interest, as you can see.!



Although I chose a different colour way and enlarged the size a litte to take the additonal birthday sentiment,  essentially I loved Tracy's card so much,  I hardly changed anything other than die-cutting some of the elements and popping them all up on dimensionals.

and inside...?

did not think I needed to say more! and if you look closely I think you can just make out a hint of Wink of Stella to give it some all important shimmer and shine!

Swirly Bird

I was so pleased with it but have to say huge thanks due entirely to Tracy's original design.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used

Just click on the items below to easily access them in my on line store




Or if you wish me to place an order for you, or have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Well, she is also appearing in her local junior drama group's production of Matilda,  on her birthday and I wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to the main bit of excitement - her birthday or appearing in the play!  but in the true tradition of the theatre we will all be hoping she 'breaks a leg' as they say!

til next time.

have a lovely week
Jan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...