Monday 20 February 2017

Team training day where Avant Garden meets SUO challenge #168 - Sale-a-bration Fun!

hello all

as promised  - my post today is to share some card swaps that I made for a team training event which I attended yesterday,  and to show you the lovely swaps I received in return.

We were a lovely lovely group of some 60+ Stampin' Up demonstrators.. and we all got together to indulge in some fabulous make and take sessions, and that was only the cake!

err no seriously -  we had a brilliant day with 4 great projects to make, 2 really informative classes for those running Stampin' Up!  as a business, amazing swaps, plenty of opportunity to mix and mingle with the other attendees, loads of samples on display for inspiration and a chance to applaud team members for their achievements. It was a really great day  and one I would have been sorry to have missed... and yes there really were a lot of lovely cakes!

For my swap group I opted  to join the Sale-a-Bration swap , so popular they named it twice!  - yes there was a Sale-a-Bration group 1 and 2, and with 'Sale-a-Bration Fun!' being the title of this week's challenge no #168 over at SUO Challenges , well, I couldn't resist joining in with that at the same time.

I chose the Avant Garden and Delicate Details stamp sets for my swaps

Sale-a-Bration

Sale-a-Bration
I just love both of these sets and decided to use my favourite In-colour at the moment  - Sweet SugarPlum from the current 2016 - 2018 collection as my card base.  I always have a 'go to' colour and this is 'it'  now.

Sale-a-Bration
 I masked off  the right hand edge of my Very Vanilla card topper, with some torn paper, sponged in the background, blending colours of Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Wisteria Wonder and Sweet SugarPlum, then  stamped a couple of renditions of one of the flowers, in both Soft Sky and Wisteria Wonder and added a stem and a couple of leaves in Wild Wasabi to complete my design.

A sentiment from the same stamp set,  'Thanks for being you' and a border repeat of one of the stamps from  Delicate Details, both stamped in Sweet SugarPlum was all that was needed to finish the card topper, in addition to my beloved sponging which I did all round that focus panel.

and inside? - I stamped a further few sets of that same flower image  all finished with some more, toning sponging.

Buy Stampin' Up!

I love how this came together - almost a water colour effect but without getting wet!

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used

Just click on the items below to easily access the non-SAB items you can buy in my on line storeOr if you wish me to place an order for you, or have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.





and did you want to see the lovely swaps I received in return.

Buy Stampin' Up!

a huge thanks to these lovely people

Chris Addison, Sarah Cullen,  Nicole Foinette,  Tina Thompson-Theis, Lucy Tustian
thank you so much, ladies.

til next time - happy crafting
Jan x

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant sponging - I can see why you love it!! Great combination of stamps too! Gorgeous cards with gorgeous colours, and just perfect for our Sale-a-bration Challenge. So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Julia thank you very much x what a really nice comment and lovely of you to say X it was great to be able to join and so coincidental with it being my choice for my swap X I love this set X thank you again
      Jan x

      Delete
  2. LOVELY!!! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Karen thank you very much for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment X it was great to join in and must say Avant garden (and those cheeky chicks ) are my two favourite sets this year! Thanks fir a great challenge and the can pec to join in X

      Delete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...