Friday 21 June 2013

Dressed up to the nine's - and somewhere to go ?

hi all

Well sadly am almost at the end of my supply of the lovely 'Twitterpated'  designer series paper - but luckily have enough for one  last birthday card I need  to complete for this month, for a dear work colleague's birthday.  It echoes one very similar  that I made for my lovely 'baby' sister,  though I opted not to post that one, as it is special to her. 

But this one really is a card of bits and pieces. It is even an odd size as I just chose to use what I had, from the very last bit of seam binding to the filigree designer brad with its current in-colour centre (Island Indigo) ... but feel very virtuous in using them up.!

But do check out the recent Stampin up 2013 colour refresh - Island Indigo they are keeping as they are now including this as one of the colours in the Regals collection.

I know the pattern for this is widely available but it ties together another of my interests,  dressmaking - so couldn't resist having a go myself.....

Come and see.


 


I have my lovely upline Vicky to thank for inspiration here for two of the elements. Both the scored lines either side of the main panel and the fussy cut sentiment -  keen favourites of Vickys I know. (Though neither of which are at all that clear due to my poor photography!)


Though for me,  the latter  was also borne out of necessity. But as they always say  'there are no mistakes., just design features'  and this was certainly that.

I had tried to selectively ink just the part of stamp I needed but of course in my enthusiasm,  inked more than I meant to. I used my Stamp-a-majig to ensure  perfect positioning  but when I stamped it, there were a few stray dashes and dots!


 


So stamped another copy and used my Stampin up sharp paper snips to cut it out. I inked the edges and popped it up on dimensionals on top of the original stamped image to complete my rescue operation.

I sponged the main panel and trimmed it using my dotted scallop ribbon border punch, matted on top of a strip of Baha Breeze seam binding  and  added a bit of bling!







 ...This time I also did decorate the inside to match.!


 
Things you will need to make this card:

Stamps: A word for you
Ink: Baha breeze (Retiring),  Island Indigo
Card stock: Island Indigo, Whisper White and Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
Punches: Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch
Other Essentials : Stamp-a-Majig, Polka Dot embossing folder, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Baha Breeze seam binding (retiring),  Stampin Up Paper Snips; 2011 - 2013 
in- colour designer brads 

I can order Stampin Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829

so til next time

very best wishes all

Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...