Wednesday 24 July 2013

Framed Tulips and butterflies

Hello everyone

Am a bit late with posting this week - missing my usual weekend slot as I had a visitor - namely my Mum!. She came to stay for the weekend as it was our village day on Saturday and we always attend... but more of that below!

Today's card was made for  Sandie, my 'crafty' colleague who I think enjoys working with stamps, inks and papers as much as me.

I chose the most simple colour scheme known - Mainly Whisper White with just touches of Rich Razzleberry for interest. I was really pleased with the overall effect once I had it assembled. This is what i finished up with finally.  What do you think?



 The white card topper I opted to hand colour with my Stampin up markers with Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry and finished this off with a strip of toning ribbon, accentuated with 3 basic rhinestones.

I diecut  3 of the smaller sized butterfiles from the Beautiful Wings Embosslits set, added more rhinestones to these as well  and matted my Happy Birthday sentiment using the curly label punch, popping it up on dimensionals.

 




All this I matted on a layer of Rich Razzleberry cardstock, and then layered this on an embossed piece of Whisper White. You can really see the beautiful results you get with Stampin Up embossing folders and I particularly like the 'Framed Tulips' I chose to use here.

I finished by layering the whole lot on to my card base. Talk about 'Mighty white' ..  I was seriously concerned the weight at the front may make it topple over - but  with the quality of the card stock, I need not have worried.

I like a bit of interest inside as well so chose one of my favourite border punches to create a simple decorative strip inside.

Things you need to make this card:

Stamp sets: Fresh Vintage - although retired - any  suitable sentiment could be substituted
Inks and Stampin Up Markers: Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Punches: Curly label punch, Dotted Ribbon border punch
Other essentials: Stampin up Dimensionals, Framed Tulips embossing folder, basic rhinestones, ribbon.

I can order Stampin Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829

but back to village day ....



It passed off well as always - but typically,  the lovely weather we have had right up to the Friday, went totally against the forecast in that Saturday was quite overcast. ..but everyone still enjoyed it,  despite it all.  

Mummie was captured watching the little clowns do their bit.  Fame at last!

That's her with the dark glasses almost out of the picture at the righthand side - I, thankfully,  am out of the picture as I was next to her!

Until next time - have a great day
Jan
x

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you've used this embossing folder Jan. It makes a really lovely frame for the beautiful branches of flowers. Glad you enjoyed your mum's visit - it looks as if you were well entertained! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...