Thursday 18 July 2013

Not quite 40 shades of green for 'Go that girl!' ...

hi all

well just a little card this week - very little in the way of stamping - more an exercise in co-ordination and how Stampin Up make that so easy. 

With everything in the Stampin Up catalogues described in such a way so you know what compliments what - whether its a stamp set, a particular punch, a set of dies for shape cutting or what colours co-ordinate with a  designer series paper pack - they list it all.

- so no guess work involved on your part and you know your finished item will look stunning.

That was the case here - I chose Pear Pizzazz for my colour base for this good luck card, matted on Very Vanilla cardstock, and topped with toning designer series paper.

Come and see what I managed to make with a few scraps.

 
 I did  make use of both current and retired papers I had in my snips box,  punched  a set of 4 little hearts to make my 4-leafed clover and used the 'So Happy for You' set for both the stalk and the Good luck'  sentiment. 
Although now retired,  another favourite which I do keep close at hand!

...but of course you could easily substitute all these for items of your own. 


A bit of sponging round the edge and paper piercing to add some interest,  along with my beloved rhinestones for a bit of bling. All finished off with a seam binding/brad bow, and the top layer popped up on Stampin Dimensionals. 


 If you look closely you can see I also went just a tiny bit dot happy with my Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds stamping glitter - 

... well you can't have enough glimmer and glitter in my book!.  I decorated the inside with a  strip of paper punched with my dotted scallop ribbon punch,  just to lift it a bit.


 I do love the way it all went together,  knowing that everything just goes!

I hope you like it.

Things you need to make this card:

Stamp set: A Word for you
Inks: Pear Pizzazz
Cardstock and paper: Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, co-ordinating scraps of designer series paper
Punches: small heart punch, dotted scallop ribbon border punch
Other essentials: Stampin up Dimensionals, sponge daubers, Piercing pack and piercing tool, seam binding and a toning brad for the bow.
  
I can order Stampin Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829

Until next time and hope everyone is enjoying our lovely weather.

Jan
x

just to add... this was for my lovely sister who is partway through a college course and just heard she has been offered a 2nd  interview for a job to follow.

So we are all jumping about here and crossing finges, toes, and anything else that comes to mind - in the hope that she is successful.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to your sister and I do hope the second interview goes well. What a really beautiful and dynamic card you've made for her! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...