Wednesday 31 July 2013

Take one stamp - and you have a custom background

Hello Everyone

We were out on Sunday, having been invited to lunch with some family friends, and with a pile of 'Thank you' sentiments stamp sets still on my desk from a previous session - this made for an easy job deciding on a suitable card for the occasion.

 Am thinking I must be in my 'blue period' as Midnight Muse was the only ink pad readily to hand so that made the choice of colour somewhat easier. In fact , really simple - co-ordinating matching cardstock with Whisper White.

I chose the Stippled Blossom 2 step stamp set - but just used the large detailed flower to stamp the image as many times as I needed to cover a piece of the Whisper White card stock -  not being fussy as to which way I held the stamp or whether I really filled in the gaps either!

The more I stamped, the better it seemed, and miracously the images all fitted together by the time I had finished. Am still puzzling over that one!
 
I matted the stamped layer on to a base of some of the Midnight Muse cardstock and matted them both on my Whisper White card base.

 
 I finished the card front with a decorative band and my layered and matted Thank You sentiment from the Perfectly Penned stamp set,  popped up as always on my beloved Stampin Up dimensionals.!

 I really love the finshed card. So simple, yet so effective.



 .... and to keep it all co-ordinated I did just one last repeat of the stamp inside my card and made a matching envelope again with just the one  image in the bottom right corner. 



I cannot claim any of the credit for this at all and  have this lovely lady to thank for the brilliant idea.

Things you need to make this card:

Stamp sets: Stippled Blossom, Perfectly Penned
Inks : Midnight Muse
Cardstock : Whisper White, Midnight Muse
Punches: Border punch
Other essentials: Stampin up Dimensionals

I can order Stampin Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful design - I'm not surprised you were inspired by it Jan! I love the fresh navy and white colour scheme you've used. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...