Sunday 25 August 2013

Anniversary wishes - hearts glaore

hi all

Well its back to routine for me now, for the next couple of weeks at least. Since my last post have been away on holiday followed by celebrations for my birthday  - and also  been sent away - well no, not literally, just to one of  our other site offices in Bristol to train some new starters.

Nice as it is to be away - no time for crafting of any kind unfortunately - so now am back I have some catching up to do.

First on the list - an anniversary card  for my youngest nephew and his wife. They got married on a glorious sunny day so crossing fingers their anniversary will be a repeat!.

I raided my scrap box and chose green/pink colour ways for their card -  reminiscent of the bride's colour scheme for the day and left it really plain - just a cascade of punched hearts in various papers, which I mounted on card to give each of them them a bit of stability.  


 A stamped sentiment complete with tiny heart popped up on my beloved Stampin up dimensionals, toning ribbon trim and some sponging around the card edges to finish. 



 I did see this idea on-line and would so like to thank the originator but of course now can't find it... so my apologies to the lovely lady!


 

Inside - well they say necessity is the mother of invention - despite my lining up the stamp to be straight or so I thought   - it still seemed marginally off to me - and the more I looked  the worse it seemed.

So in desperation I opted to redo it and mount the sentiment instead, using my Windows framelit dies to cut the shape and just traced round the outer edge of the die to give me a guideline for fussy cutting my matching mount.

 Though my cutting is far from perfect,  it was the look I wanted and I used this to cover the original stamping.

All finished with a tiny stamped heart and a bit of bling.  I tried to colour the rhinestones with my markers but in the end just punched some teeny green circles using the 2 step owl punch and stuck the rhinestones on top of them. If I look carefully , well there is a hint of green, if nothing else.

I hope they like it.

Things I used to make this card:

Stamp sets: although mine are no longer available - any suitable sentiment would do
Inks : Pear Pizzazz, Pink Pirouette
Cardstock  and paper: Whisper White, and scraps of toning pinks and greens
Punches: Heart punch and 2 step owl builder
Other essentials: Stampin up Dimensionals, rhinestones, Windows framelit dies, taffeta ribbon

I can order Stampin Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829


1 comment:

  1. I do like the heart border on your lovely card Jan and I expect your nephew and his wife very much appreciated you remembering their special day. The inside of the card is a gorgeous design feature and no-one would ever know that it was covering a mistake! Serendipity! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...