Saturday 28 September 2013

My first ever Stampin up Event .

hi all 

Happy Saturday - well am not too sure how you write 'whooo hooo'' ie  that well known phrase of enjoyment but imagine along with me!

This week saw me at my first ever Stampin Up event - one of their UK Creative Tours. The venue was lovely - well the 'little' bit  I saw of it - our meeting room - so can only think the rest of the place must be stunning.

 I felt at a bit of a loss really to start with, as only managed to sidle in a couple of minutes after it had all started - which was a real shame as missed out on all the pre-meeting get-togetherings, introductions, swapping frenzies that would have taken place am sure. . but the table I joined made me ever so welcome and answered my questions as we went along. 


I can honestly say I was absolutely amazed at the huge mount of enthusiasm, inspiration, the display tables and boards of samples, demonstrations, presentations .  (A very very tiny sample snapshot of the main display board below)


 and not forgetting the very famous Stampin Up 'prize patrol' ( I cannot believe it,  I actually won a prize -  as  historically am one of those people who never win anything!)

 and my prize  - a lovely goodie bag of Christmas/Winter themed goodies containing a pack of the Winter Frost DSP paper stack, silver ribbon and buttons.

... mind you, winners had to then stand up and enter into a rendition of 'That's Amoré ' in honour of of Paula's (one of the lovely Stampin Up hosts) Italian heritage.    

Am not quite sure what Dean Martin would have made of it all - but it certainly gave the rest of the audience a few laughs!          

 I had made a very very modest number of swaps of my own - one of the batches below.

 













and at a suitable break went and sought out the lovely Michelle Last to introduce myself as a very new member of her group, the 'pinkies' - and she very kindly not only took me under her wing - but presented me with a  lovely welcome treat chocolate bar! Thanks Michelle. After all, a girl can never ever have enough chocolate!! 

..and then introduced me to some of the others in both hers and her down line's teams. Thank you Lynne,   Lucy,  and everyone else!

There were a few ladies who were not yet 'swapped out' so did finally pluck up courage to do some swapping of my own and got some really nice ones ones back - thanks so much everyone... 

All in all it was a fantastic evening.. and a really nice introduction to what goes on at a Stampin Up event.. and with November's Convention in Manchester approaching at an alarming rate - a really brilliant taster am sure of what will be something quite special.


Things I used to make my Creative Tour swaps:

Stamp set:  Sassy Salutations
Inks :Island Indigo
Cardstock  and paper: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Quatrefancy DSP
Punches: Scallop circle and circle punches
Embossing Folder: Perfect Polka dots
Other essentials: Stampin up Dimensionals, Bakers twine, sponge daubers

I can order Stampin Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829

Well did not intend for this to be such a long post - so hope you are having a great 
weekend and 'See you' all soon

Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...