Sunday 29 September 2013

Colour Co-ordination in one easy lesson ! - Anniversary greetings...

Well, with my eldest nephew's wedding anniversary fast approaching  and following on the theme of co-ordinating a card to the colour scheme they had on the day  - it was an easy task for me as Stampin Up is co-ordination with a Capital 'C'!

From the punched shapes, to the cardstock, to the backing papers and embossing folders and embellishments - they have them all.

My choice was governed by their's - and Island Indigo as the main colour just fitted the bill, and offset against white. I think it all worked perfectly together. This is what I came up with,  and apologies for the photographs!



Whisper white for the card with a matted/layered centre panel of Island Indigo topped with a strip of toning paper from the Quatrefancy DSP range.

I punched a series of mosaic shapes, topped these with the small heart, and finished the sides of the card with the smaller hearts using the two step owl punch.

My sentiment was layered on strip of white cardstock, run through the hearts embossing folder. I sponged the edges prior prior to making a small snip at each side to help locate the baker's twine trim.

... and to finish the inside I just opted to stamp a little heart at the top right just to tie it all in with the hearts theme I had used everywhere else -  leaving me plenty of space to write them a little congratulatory note..

Hope they liked it.

Things I used to make this card:

Stamp set: although mine are no longer available - any suitable sentiment would do
Inks : Island Indigo
Cardstock  and paper: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Quatrefancy DSP
Punches: Mosaic Punch, Small Heart punch, 2 step owl builder 
Embossing folder: Little hearts from the Adorning Accents set
Other essentials: Stampin up Dimensionals, baker's twine

I can order Stampin Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...