Monday 2 December 2013

Framelit dies for 'semi' flip thank you card


Hi all

Well I cannot take any credit for this whatsoever as I saw this idea on the lovely Dawn Griffith’s  site – and it was just perfect for a customer thank you card, for me too!  

Have already dashed off my thank you to Dawn for the great design!

Dawn used 2 sizes of the labels framelits die to create a 'semi-flip' card 
which only took a piece of 6" x 3" designer paper and...seeing that I was also setting myself a challenge to use up scraps from my throwout basket before my dearly beloved decides to empty it for me - this ticked boxes all round!

First off though - apologies for the shadowing right across the middle of the card! Photography is not my strong point so need to practice I can see.


 
My paper was scored at  3" to fold it in half then scored again at 1 and 1/2" with this score-line then folded back to meet the middle - hope that makes sense!

Partial die-cutting technique using the 2 smallest framelits  to create a frame for the piece of Whisper white cardstock used for the stamped sentiment - 
I just really loved the effect.

 

I found a matching left over piece big enough for me to cut a 5 and 1/4" square so was able to make a matching  envelope, made in a matter of minutes using the brilliant Envelope Punch Board. 



Things I used to make this card:

Stamp sets:Lots of Thanks
Inks: Chocolate Chip.
Cardstock /paper:  Whisper White and Holly Berry DSP (although retired - any would suit)
Framelits - Labels
Other Essentials : Envelope Punch board

I can order Stampin' Up products for you, shipped straight to your address and am
happy to answer any questions you have  - if you would like to find out more or would like to place an order you can email me or phone me on 01438 820829

or why not visit my on-line store

and speaking of stores - I had decided it really was time I paid a visit to my local shopping centre today to at least start my Christmas shopping even if I didn't actually get to complete it - so accompanied by my sister, off I went.

Needless to say we had a really lovely day out and spending quality time with her was just so nice, especially as its quite a rare event for us - Christmas shopping can wait.

However, much longer and I will be ashamed to be applying that well worn phrase 'Lastminute.com'  to my efforts - watch this space.!

TIl next time and hope your Christmas shopping program is faring a bit better than mine.

Jan
x


2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card you've made using those fastastic thinlits Jan! And the matching envelope makes it look even more special! So pleased you were able to spend a bit of quality time with your sister - it sounds as if you had a lovely day out! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Jan! I love the matching envelope too...very classy! Thank you for your lovely comments on my video tutorials and I'm glad you found them useful! :)
    I am pleased to report that my Christmas shopping is basically done, aside from food! So I'm afraid I'm rather 'smug.com'! ;)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...