Sunday 21 September 2014

Circles and 'something to say'!

Happy Sunday everyone

Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Mine has been fraught as usual but in a nice and busy way! Was at a craft class yesterday morning then after spending what seemed like hours on the phone -we are finally off to sunny climes next week.
So today am hoping to go put the finishing touches to my holiday packing choices.

Well after last week's foray into a congratulations card - aka the  'Bravo' stamp set,  I made use of one of the paired sentiments in the 'Something to say' set for another one at my class yesterday.

...this time an easel card - a format I do really like - but have to resign myself to always getting it wrong to begin with, each time I do one,  as I always manage to cut it in pieces before I get it right - usually on the 2nd or 3rd attempt!

..and for once - have made a circular card as had a play with the brilliant Circles collection framelit dies.

These are a really great buy as you get 10 different layering sizes in the pack with the largest one - a whopping 4 and 3/4" diameter in 'old money'.  it is has a lovely scalloped edge - the one I chose for my card.

and here it is.. doesn't look very much as is but..

congratulations

here it is - 'easled'!


The colour way was easily sorted - still on my table  from last week!  The current lovely in-colours - Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss.

All finished off with my customary 'bit of bling' so I had intended to link it with the current challenge no 105 over at SUO where this week they want us to feature embellishments -  but.. I forgot the link closed last night not tonight!!

what was that about Miss Lastminute.com or in this case, Miss Justtoolate.com!  oh well, maybe next time..

So, after bejewelling the flowers, and over enthusiastic sponging which I dragged across the cardstock in places as well as the edges.. well,  ever one to mix things up as they say, finally, one finished card.

Stampin' Up! supplies for these cards:

Just click on the items to easily access them in my on line store  to place an order and have  them shipped straight to your address.

Am happy to answer any questions you may have - if you would like to find out more or would like me to place an order for you, you can email me or contact me on 01438 820829 if you would rather.

Well as I mentioned we are off on hols next Friday so will post again when I get back, unless I can sort something out by way of a scheduled post before that..
well that would be a first for me.. not so much the challenge of scheduling the post, rather more the action of making a card in a timely fashion.

Til next time
Best wishes all
Jan
x

1 comment:

  1. Jan you really made me giggle with this post! I think we all have plenty of experience of time running away with us! The card is beautiful and I am an enormous fan of these new in colours. I don't think the sponging was over enthusiastic at all and the colour makes a lovely background for those gorgeous layered and jewelled flowers! Enjoy your hols! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...