Friday 31 October 2014

A blast from the past!

hi all

well,  having been Awol for what seems like an age - a PC which has inexplicably turned up its toes after some years of faithful service, to be rapidly consigned to the re-cycling centre,  is the main reason.

I thought I ought to perhaps investigate alternative means of getting back on-line. so have laid claim to DH's PC whilst he builds me a nice new one, with all that entails.. Honest am trying not to think about it or despair may set in..

I must admit.. nice as it is to be back in blog land - I do prefer my own PC and am so looking forward to putting my little digits to my own keyboard, hopefully not too much longer to wait!

so though I have not been posting I have been squirrelling away behind the scenes as it were - with a few projects..

this first one is a bit 'tongue in cheek' really - seeing as earlier  this month a lot of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from the both the UK and European markets  made  the trip to Brussels to attend this year's Convention - where am sure they will have come away with a host of goodies, some incredible memories and not least, a lot of sneaky peeks as to some future products waiting in the  wings.

Boo hoo -  Yours Truly was unfortunately unable to make the trip due to work commitments - Mental note to self - get better organised next year!  So,  rather than future sneaky peeking on my part,  I went blasting in the pasting with my choice of papers!

This lovely piece  is from the 'Sweet Stitches' designer series papers and although lloonngg since retired,  as sewing is my other love, well,  I had to keep some for personal use, didn't I?

...and the all over button design and papers resembling a sewing pattern  were both  just perfect for what I needed to do.

sweet stitches
Sweet stitches

My sewing teacher has to provide a raffle prize to be bid upon, for a charity business lunch she is attending and is offering a set of classes as her contribution -   but how do you gift package that?

Inside a gift envelope of course - and I have my lovely up-line Vicky to thank for the inspiration.
check out her tutorial on how to make the basic envelope.

I scaled mine up slightly from the measurements Vicky provided, to suit what I needed.

So it is just big enough to take a business card and a voucher for the class give-away

sew sweet
I made some 'button's out of toning card stock,  using the, also sadly retired in my book,   matching 'Sweet Buttons' embosslits Die, to decorate the envelope.

and to close it, I opted for a metal eyelet, some matching baker's twine and a lovely jewelled brad - complete with a bit of sponging to finish the edges

Obviously the papers I have used could easily be substituted for ones of your choice or for those of you feeling particularly more adventurous , why not stamp your own background design for something unique to you!

Stampin' Up have some beautiful Designer series papers, kraft card stock, seasonal paper stacks - all of which can be used.


Stampin' Up! supplies for this:

embellishments as necessary
Other Essentials: metal eyelet (non SU), bakers twine, closure brad, corner rounder 
Stampin' Up! sponges
 
Just click on the items to easily access them in my on line store  to place an order and have  them shipped straight to your address.

Am happy to answer any questions you may have - if you would like to find out more or would like me to place an order for you, you can email me or contact me on 01438 820829 if you would rather.

well I realise the last time I posted I was just about to depart on holiday in search of  sunny climes

suffice to say - we had a brilliant time  - and we soon set about embracing the local customs - afternoon siesta anyone.?



Til next time - have a lovely weekend and may this bout of lovely weather long continue!

Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...