Friday 29 May 2015

Tartan Thursday and yes, he rocks!

hello all

well I know my usual day for putting digit to keyboard is Sunday - but as I won't have a chance to do any postings this weekend thought I would break with tradition and be early for once.

What better reason though as just made a card for my lovely dad's '70-something birthday' as am calling it. And as its definitely birthday related thought I would link it to the current 'Seize the Birthday' Challenge where 'anything goes' . Hope the 'Happy Birthday' on the inside rather than the outside, will still count!

...and with his Scottish roots and and the fact that he really is just the best, a couple of sheets from the soon to be retired 'Adventure Bound' Designer series Paper stack were just what I needed for the basis of my card..

happy birthday you rockI mixed Chocolate Chip and Smoky Slate for my colour ways as they go so well with the paper.

I used two layering dies from the Oval Collection Framelits to complement the 'You Rock' banner, so easily cut with Stampin' Up's super sharp Paper Snips.!

'Crazy About You' is such a fabulous stamp set with nearly 30 different sayings to mix and match as you need to suit a wealth of occasions. 

Toning grey ribbon, candy dots and 'Dad' which I have to admit is non-Stampin' Up! and was die-cut for me, to finish.

and inside ? - the lovely 'Happy' die from the 'Hello You' Thinlits was just what I needed to team with Birthday from the same 'Crazy For You' Stamp set using the same paper with another piece for a decorative strip inside the card as well.

and the little envelope?

happy birthday

I have my lovely upline Vicky to thank for this as I turn to these time after time whenever a  Giftcard or pennies are  called for - Just perfect for packaging these, and you can decorate them as much or as little as you like.!

Scroll down the page and watch her video here as she explains how to make them - many thanks as always, Vicky.

Stampin' Up! Supplies for this card:

Just click on the items below to easily access them in my on line store  
Pay just  £4:95 whatever the size of your order, and have them shipped straight to your address.. 

Please  contact me if you have any questions or to place an order for you, if you prefer.


Well, with my early posting its  nice to be able to say hope you have a lovely weekend whatever you are up to.

Tomorrow will find us continuing clearing out the garden shed. A job we started over the bank  holiday.

..must admit to getting a little bit worried as himself keeps muttering about it being a good place to tidy me and all my crafting supplies into!

Uhm, perhaps on reflection it would be ok to be out there on a nice sunny day, maybe, but can't see me being too enthusiastic when its cold and dark in the winter!.

til next time, very best wishes all,
Jan x

2 comments:

  1. What a clever and great pun! Great card! We really appreciate you joining us at Seize the Birthday and hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice masculine card. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...