Thursday 28 January 2016

Pinkies Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-Bration Blog Hop 2016



Sale-a-bration

Thank you for joining us on another Pinkies Blog Hop! We're showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using new Stampin' Up!® products that you can earn free during Sale-a-Bration. Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep hopping!
   
If you have arrived here from the lovely Camille's  blog,  a really big hello and welcome.

Now am not sure about anyone else of course,  but ordinarily if I see a picture of a little chick I immediately think about Easter,  or more precisely,  Easter eggies!

.. and although my card this time does feature a little chick, following some advice from my 'designer-in-chief' for this week,  aka my Mum who just happens to be staying with me at the moment,  I chose to use him to say Happy Exam Congratulations and not Happy Easter this time.

The chick is from a really sweet stamp set - 'Honeycomb Happiness' available in both wood or clear mount.  Although you can't buy it am afraid - you can earn it for free with a 
 qualifying spend of £45, from now and continuing up to the 31st March.


sale-a-bration 2016

So, instead of yellows and little balls of fluff you would usually associate with a little chick I chose Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla for my colour scheme and made him look like he was standing in school master mode,  'arms' behind his back,  complete with Mortar board and 'pin-striped' waistcoat.!

And the stamp set I chose for the sentiments was just perfect for what I had in my mind - and with another of the Sale-a-Bration sets being exactly that - 'Perfect Pairings',  well,  it just fitted the bill and again it's available in both wood and clear mount format.

A bit of sponging round the edges,  and my beloved toning candy dots to finish and inside ? another stamp from the same set to complete my greeting, finished with a little more sponging, just to tie it all in.

Sale-a-bration

There will be such a lot of lovely things to see and sure to inspire as you hop around the complete tour..

so a huge thank you for visiting and next stop is to the lovely Kim - make sure you don't miss anything en route.
http://www.handmadebykim.co.uk/2016/01/pinkies-stampin-up-2016-sale-a-bration.html

http://camscreativity.blogspot.com/2016/01/pinkies-sale-bration-blog-hop.html
and til next time and have a lovely week everyone.
Jan x

24 comments:

  1. What a lovely alteration to the stamp, it's great! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Camille - thank you again.. its realy lovely of you to say.

      Delete
  2. Clever! Will have to keep this photo to CASE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Heidi - you are more than welcome - CASE is a very large and much used word in my vocabulary - thanks very much..

      Delete
  3. This is a terrific original ideal. Thank you for sharing. X Bibi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Bibi well I know he probably had lots of outings with the Owl builder punch so inspiration for me .. thanks you very much.

      Delete
  4. Oh Jan, what a cute little chick and you are a genius to turn him into a school master, you have an incredible imagination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awhh thank you very much Michelle - I was pleased how he turned out - and I neverf think of myself having a great imagination so that's doubley appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. thank you so much, Kim, that was really kind of you to visit and leave a comment. I thought he was a cutie as well and definitely quite a versatile little fellow!!

      Delete
  6. This is so clever! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Eveline X my mum was the brains behind him and it was fun turning him out the way we did . Thank you again

      Delete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous. How did you make the waistcoat and hat? Dare I ask if you would mind telling me. You are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks very much Maggie - the waistcoat was just another stampin of the chick and I cut round just that shape and pooped it up on dimensionals and hand drew in the pin stripes.. and the buttons were the tiny dots from the owl builder punch.. and his hatjust drawn totally free hand - will see if I can send a pic of the 2 bits and then just a bit of twine for his tassel.. thank you so much again

      Delete
  8. I never imagined that we can use this little chick to make a graduation card. You are so clever Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so very much Swathi - must admit it was mummie's idea rather than mine tho! but loved how he came out with his little waistcoat and mortar board. but drawing not stamping am afraid.. hope that still counts. thank you again.. Jan x

      Delete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous card, you are so clever. Would you mind telling me how you made his waistcoat and cap, do you have a patern? It is brilliant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Maggie if you send me your contact details I will send you a little sketchif his hat and waistocat if you would like them.. many thanks again
      Jan

      Delete
  10. Great idea with the chick Jan, such a cute card :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy X have also emailed you as well as am never sure about the replies here as to whether they get where they are supposed to be going

      Delete
  11. Great card Jan! The little chick is so cute. Love how you have thought outside of the box, this kind of creativity just never comes for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kim thank you so much am not normally known for thinking outside the box so that's a lovely compliment and comment . Thank you again.
      Jan

      Delete
  12. What a great idea! I love what you've done with that cute little chick. Very original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Daria golly thanks so much - I had forgotten all about him so it was nice to be reminded of this little chick - I was veyr pleased how he turned out - thanks again
      hugs Jan x

      Delete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...