Sunday 21 February 2016

Birthday Blooms for my lovely niece

hello all - and happy Sunday - well what is left of it, that is.

It certainly is ages since I last put digit to keyboard but what better way to return by  showcasing one of lovely stamp sets in the Spring Summer seasonal catalogue.

There is a whole suite of stamps, designer series paper, embellishments, toning card stock and ribbons in this new catalogue all with beautiful birthdays in mind any my card for my niece uses the gorgeous Birthday Blooms stamp set.  Available in either wood or clear mount, a fabulous  set of 8 stamps with the 2 signature pieces giving you  a chance to get out those Stampin' Write Markers, your aqua painters and indulge in a bit of theraputic adult 'colouring in'.
...and although not a cupcake, sweetie or anything of that nature it is definitely 'birthday related' - so thought I would link it to the 'Seize the Birthday' challenge, this time.

I used a piece of Shimmery White card stock for my topper,  which is just perfect for watercolouring - even for my non-practiced hand! - and you don't even need to stay inside the lines!

I matted this on a card base of Pool Party, with  Basic Grey, Pool Party, Mint Macaron and Mossy Meadow  for my painting colour palette and just set to.

Happy Birthday

The sentiment is from the same Stamp set though have to admit to using some retired seam binding for the corner accents, but just thought those edges needed something to finish them off.  Teamed with my beloved bling in the form of a strip of 3 of the Basic Rhinestones and I had a card I was really pleased with.

I took another photo in an attempt to try to capture the gorgeous shimmer of the card stock but though did not do it too great a justice,  hope it gives you some idea.

Happy Birthday

and of course no self-respecting card would be without a matching envelope - such an easy thing  to do courtesy of the wonderful Envelope Punch Board and a couple of swipes of Fast Fuse adhesive!

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used

Just click on the items below to easily access them in my on line store 


Or please just contact me if you have any questions or to place an order for you, if you would prefer.

Have spent the weekend as part of a work party helping my sewing teacher relocate to another set of premises.   As her day job is doing bridal alterations for clients she has amassed a very large collection of fabric, lace and bling embellishments, various grades of boning, elastic, tulle and net offcuts, linings, not to mention threads, patterns, machines, and scissors, tape measures and the like - Phew and there was me thinking it was just us as demonstrators who have a huge stash of supplies and equipment (and in my case no where to put them all!) but am thinking she comes a very close 2nd.!

Til next time - have a great week

Jan
x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower, am in love with the colors you used! I like that it is CAS! Thank you fro joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Colleen thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave such a lovely comment. It was really appreciated. Jan x

      Delete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...