Saturday 21 January 2017

Beautiful you -

hello all

and hope you've had a  lovely week.

Well, you know me, always late to the party so decided it was high time  I  finally inked up some of the stamps in the fabulous  'Beautiful You' Stamp set..  Yeah - why did I wait so long am wondering....!"

It's a really lovely collection of 13  stamps which include line drawings and  artistic elements ideally suited to water-colouring and delightful sentiments to complement them..

Beautiful You

For my card I used Soft Suede as my card base and a toning sheet from the 'Falling in Love' Designer Series Paper pack, for the topper.

I  stamped one of the designs on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla card stock, using the Jet Black Stazon ink as I was going to be water-colouring it and did not want the image to bleed into the paper.

Then set to with my aqua painters,  my stamp pads  and  indulged myself in a spot of  therapeutic 'colouring in' - all the rage as we know, at the moment ..


Beautiful You

To be honest there's no right or wrong way to do this - you don't even have to keep inside the lines if you don't want to and can opt to paint/colour as much or as little as you see fit!. Mine was definitely the 'very little' variety!

Once I was happy and had finished my 'painting',   well,  a few strokes of the brush, really!   I die-cut it with one of the small ovals from the 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits, and used a slightly larger frame from the Layering Ovals Framelits as a mount. 

Both of these pieces I sponged for a bit of dimension,  deliberately mounting them together so the  bottom edges matched up.

Beautiful You

I  finished my card topper with some toning Very Vanilla seam binding , a big bow and some bling!  Popped up the stamped image on Stampin' dimensionals, and added a sentiment at the top left of the card to balance it all.

Beautiful You

I finished off the card with some of my beloved, but sadly long since retired, boo hoo!,  toning seam binding,  but the current Satin Ribbon would work just as well.

What do you all think?  - it was very simple, came together very quickly but think it all works and if nothing else, it  got me opening that Beautiful stamp set...

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used

Just click on the items below to easily access them in my on line store
Or if you wish me to place an order for you, or have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.



Soft Suede cardstock and Stamp Pad Blushing Bride cardstock and Stamp Pad
Falling In Love Designer Series Paper Beautiful you stamp set
Aqua painters Sponges
Stitched Shapes Framelits Layering Ovals Framelits
Stampin' dimensionals Basic Rhinestones
 

... and don't forget everyone,  it's  Stampin' Up!  Sale-a-Bration time - any combined spend of £45 earns you a free item from the special Sale-a-Bration brochure..

until next time, Happy choosing and have a lovely week.

Jan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...