Sunday 13 July 2014

Flower power birthday!

hi all

I know its been quite some time since I put digit to keyboard, or even worse, stamp to ink pad - but did absolutely nothing in my little craft square inch whilst Wimbledon was on  - so no excuses now and 'back to it' as they say and happy Sunday snippets.

Today saw me,  and a couple of other demos, who live locally to me, as well as a few other lovely ladies, just while away a few hours doing what we all love best, crafting in one form or another at a bi-monthly meet-up.  From card-making, to boxes, to scrapbooking, and all  things between - it was lovely to just catch up, chat and swap ideas, and actually make something for a change.

Must have sets are Flower Shop and Petite Petals and of course the matching punches.
I just love layering these particular flower shapes and must have punched out hundreds, literally and today was no exception.

..and had seen a stunning card on line and  loved it so much,  I just had to make it  - thank you so so much, AnnMarie,  for the really lovely design. That 'CASE' word is in great use in my vocabulary am ashamed to say..

I just stuck with Very Vanilla and  Lost Lagoon, one of the new colours  from the 2014- 2016 In-Colour range - and seriously like it.!


flower shop happy birthday

I just 'stamped off' a few of them onto scrap card to lighten the image,  others were stamped direct to the card,and  some stamped then punched and just glued in place, where as others were popped up on dimensionals. Not too clear (must have a serious word with my photographer!)  is the small background splattering  of 'Gorgeous grunge' and the addition of a  few of little rhinestones - well,  a girl needs a bit of bling now and again!

and to finish it off - I chose a particular old but still a favourite birthday sentiment - but of course it would work equally well as A Thank You card, A  Thinking of You card, or a 'Just Because' card.!

...my next round of birthdays actually begins with my own - though not til next month - followed swiftly by my partner's daughter,  so for once am actually not 'Miss Last minute.com!
Stampin' Up! supplies for this card:
Stamp Sets : Flower Shop, Petite Petals, Gorgeous Grunge, a suitable sentiment
Inks:Lost Lagoon
Card stock:Very Vanilla, Lost Lagoon
Punches: Pansy  and Petite Petal Punches
Other Essentials: Stampin' Up! dimensionals, little rhinestones

As some of you know, my other love in life is sewing and machine embroidery and all the sites that I follow seem to be in the midst of their 'Christmas in July' events.

Now, if only I could be as diligent and apply myself to the various card challenges where the 'C' word is  the order of the day, regularly throughout the year - well I may even have to consider ditching the nickname - but alas not this year!.

To all of you who are already well on their way with their piles of cards at the ready - I wish I could be so organised!

Until next time - have a great week
Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...