Tuesday 28 April 2015

The last post - for Father's day!

hi all..

well not literally my last  post, of course - just my last outing for all things 2013 - 2015 In-colour!

It was the turn of Baked Brown Sugar, again coupled with Very Vanilla and nothing else.
I chose it to get ahead of the game for once, and made a Father's day card. Yes, am still reeling from the shock as well!  Regular readers will know am usually far more a 'Lastminute.com' girl rather then a 'Be prepared' one!

With dad's interest in the coast,  and bit of bird watching thrown in,  I made a my card with these in mind and this was the result. A sepia toned card, all mist and mystery - well I like to think of it as such.

Father's Day
I used the Woodgrain texture embossing folder for the background,  hoping that it gave the impression of water ripples.

...and the flock of little waders just playing about in the rushes as they make their way across the card just made me think of lone early morning walks, making the most of the solitude before everyone else stirs.



I sponged the central panel for a bit of of background interest and matted it on top of another strip of Very Vanilla,  randomly stamping  a few copies of both the birds and the rushes from the 'Wetlands' stamp - another set that am ashamed to say has certainly not been inked up as much as it should have done!

Father's Day
I made up my sentiment with separate stamps from the 'Crazy About You' stamp set - It's only available til June 2nd when the Spring Summer Catalogue finishes.

...And with a whopping 33 different stamps in the set - including 3 floral elements, it's a definite must have for mixing and matching your words.

Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig I was able to line up everything just so, then hand cut the banner to the size I wanted before popping it up on dimensionals. 

Toning Very Vanilla candy dots  to finish off with and it was ready.

Stampin' Up! Supplies for this card:

Just click on the items below to easily access them in my on line store  
Pay just  £4:95 whatever the size of your order, and have them shipped straight to your address.. 

Please  contact me if you have any questions or to place an order for you, if you prefer.



Uhm...so after my little flurry of activity over the last few days I think I deserve my own spot of retail therapy.

...and with a lot of bargains still available on Stampin' Up!'s retired lists - well, what better way to relax - armchair shopping - personally it's my favourite way to shop...

til next time
Happy bargain hunting.
Jan x

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Jan, this is just the most stunning card - one of the very best I've seen made with this stamp set! It just looks like a beautiful piece of art. The Woodgrain embossing folder is the perfect 'frame' for the marshland scene too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...