Tuesday 29 September 2015

in an English country garden...

hi all and happy Tuesday, Well just..!)

having just returned from a very welcome and much needed holiday - only fitting and correct to say a  little thank you to my house -sitter - aka my Mum, who made a few trips to check the post, make sure the house was still standing etc etc  and the general things you do do, when charged with such tasks.

well, of course all was ok - so many many thanks Mummie!

and my card/gift - I took inspiration from the popular idea of the 'one sheet wonder' cards where Designer series paper take centre stage.

Now having 'attended' an online class where the topic was Christmas and promising myself I must really try and use the various papers I have and not just look at them -- the challenge throw-down was there, albeit from me to me - but yes,  it had to be done.

I used one of the gorgeous papers from the English garden set - coupled with some stamps from the 'A whole Lot of Lovely'  stamp sets. This is just one of the exclusive stamp sets, only available to a party hostesses  with a qualifying spend  of £150 and above, or anyone placing an online order for the same amount.

A whole lot of Lovely
The sentiment I created  using a combination of one of Circles Collection Framelits dies and  the larger circle punch for the matt layer and just popped this up on a couple of dimensionals for a bit of depth.

one card which just came together so easily, as a result..

The brilliant Stampin' Write markers make multi-colouring of the stamps so easy and the addition of a bit of edge sponging round the paper and my beloved candy dots in toning colourways just finished things nicely for me.

I made a matching little gift bag with the fabulous Mini-Treat die set - an absolute breeze to use,  as all the cuts, scoring and guesswork are all taken care of for you - all you need do is apply the adhesive, in my case I opted for Stampin' Up!'s 'Fast fuse'  to stick it all together, decorate it as you wish and you end up with a delightful set when you are done.


The die-set comes with a lot of different elements to further decorate the bag and the 'enjoy' sentiment was one of the dies included. A belly band  which I stamped to match,  and a little clothes peg, helped to 'seal' it for me..

and inside - well that bit I haven't thought about yet.. but am sure it will involve chocolates of some shape or other  as I share her liking for all things cocoa flavoured ..and a gift card. These little mini-treat bags are just perfect for these.

Stampin' Up! Supplies for this card:

Just click on the items below to easily access them in my on line store  

and will leave you with this thought - and prediction

He who set  alarm clock for 2:15 am to watch lunar eclipse and 'red' moon is probably very tired now as lack of sleep catches up.

- Ask me how I know!

(but working on the premise that it won't be around for another 18 years I thought I perhaps better take the chance whilst I could!)

very best wishes all and have a lovely week.

Jan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...